Monday, March 8, 2010

Kudos to Mary Kay

And when I say 'kudos' I do mean to both the woman, and the product :)  If you don't know her story, it really is a great one.  She is a very inspirational woman.

 Confession:  I was a Mary Kay consultant.  Until the end of January.  Then it got to the point where I was such a slacker at it, my director let me know I was inactive for too long to consider myself one anymore.  Which I was okay with, since I never even threw my "Grand Opening" party, I wasn't what you would call "attached".  I still have product that I could sell since I didn't sell it back to the company.  But... A week after I became a "non-consultant", I decided to go through my stuff that I had and get organized, figure out what to keep, what to trash, what to sell.... And I decided to use all the stuff I never thought I would.  Like I said, I am not a consultant anymore.  This is purely a review of what I have discovered from the product, not me promoting it to sell some more :)

True story?  The Miracle set that I thought was only for people who were afraid of getting wrinkles or already had some and wanted to get rid of.... yeah, its clearing up my face real fast.  And I am sitting here wondering why it took a year of this stuff, literally sitting on my shelf before I discovered what a 'miracle' it really is!  My director (and now personal sales consultant, also known as my roommate) says its because of all the amazing vitamins and good stuff that is loaded into the night solution.  My skin is still not perfect, but my pores seem to be shrinking really fast and my little pimples are getting smaller, and disappearing.  Slowly but surely :)  And the bonus?  I will be preventing my skin from aging.

 
What I use on a daily basis.  It seriously does wonders.


Fact that I learned from said roommate:  Your skin stops producing collagen at the age of 15.  Which means that's when it slowly starts to let gravity take over.  You just don't start to notice until wrinkles and obvious aging starts in your middle aging years.

And now that I have figured out the miracle of the Miracle set, I have also used their wonderful mascara and some other great products and I am sitting here wondering where I have been the last year.  Not that I would be a great sales person by any means, but I sure do love the products!  I have almost always used their cleanser, moisturizer, and some of their makeup, but I do give kudos.  I have tried every acne solution out there it feels like, and now I have just a regular skin care set that is doing wonders for me.  Thank goodness for roommates and friends always being a consultant, if this stuff keeps working wonders for me, I am going to be a customer for life!

 
I have always thought this woman was a genius.  That will never change.

A few of the wonderful words of wisdom this lady was full of:

"A mediocre idea that generates enthusiasm will go further than a great idea that inspires no one."

"Aerodynamically, the bumble bee shouldn't be able to fly, but the bumble bee doesn't know it so it goes on flying anyway. " 

"Don't limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve. "

"Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist. "

"Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise. " 

"We must have a theme, a goal, a purpose in our lives. If you don't know where you're aiming, you don't have a goal. My goal is to live my life in such a way that when I die, someone can say, she cared."

"Criticize the act, not the person."

"God didn't have time to make a nobody, only a somebody. I believe that each of us has God-given talents within us waiting to be brought to fruition."


What are your tricks to healthy skin?  I am curious because it has been a concern of mine for several years and now that I have found my trick, I am curious as to what yours is. :)

3 comments:

  1. I've been using the cleanser & treatment from http://www.acne.org/ since just before Thanksgiving, and my skin has never been happier. I still get the occasional breakout, but overall my skin just looks STOKED. I just started using the AHA lotion a few weeks ago & it makes the biggest difference!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure Mary Kay also NEVER told folks her real age... she said a woman that would tell her age would tell anyone anything. Smart!

    I use Clearasil Ultra every morning and every night. I use Mary Kay oil-free eye makeup remover at night. If I get a blemish, I'll use a clearasil spot acne product with benzoyl peroxide.

    Have you tried the mary kay microderm abrasion set???? I absolutely LOVE it. It's different than St. Ives apricot scrub which is great for your body (large abrasive elements). The MK one is SOOOOO refined that it literally transforms skin.

    I <3. However, I hate my mary kay lady and have sworn off buying new product (some mary kay ladies aren't worth the hassle). So Sephora's Tarte line is my new fav. All-natural and very green!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a Mary Kay Consultant when I was 18 years old. Even though I flaked out too...I learned so many GOOD habits etc from her company. I'm now in my mid 40's and I've washed my face every morning and every night since I was 18...no ifs, ands or butts! So glad I learned her secrets when I was young....easier to create good habits when you are young!

    Good luck with your new skin care regiment!!

    ReplyDelete