Monday, March 29, 2010

Change, Change, Change

"Be the change you want to see in the world"- Mahatma Gandhi

Really, that is one of the greatest quotes, in my opinion.  People get so completely concerned with how everyone or everything else needs to change.  Why do we always focus on what is going wrong with other people, rather than just changing what we see in ourselves?  Or how we see the world around us.  Really, it is a great philosophy to live by.  Stop focusing on what everyone else is doing wrong, and figure out what you can do better.

Maybe it has something to do with the fact that it is Spring.... or maybe something to do with the fact that it has been so long since something major has changed in my life.  For the first time in a while, I am settled somewhere that I am perfectly content.  I have enough challenges in school to keep me interested.  I have goals and plans that I am stoked about!  I have great friends and family that support me through all of it.  I have a wonderful healthy and steady relationship.  Right now?  There isn't anything that needs a major change.  Sure, I need a job as soon as I can find one.  But aside from that, my life is exactly where it needs to be.  But because I am always up to something, always ready for a change, ready for the challenge.... I just keep wanting to change the little things!  For instance:  last week?  I changed my hair.  For the first time in my life.  I went from being a blondie.... to being dark brunette.  See?!?! (if you haven't already...)


It likes to change colors every day too.  Which for now?  Is pretty awesome to wake up with your hair a bit different every day.

Along with that?  I absolutely love the way my room is painted and decorated.  It's what I have always wanted!  But lately, I have been wanting something brighter.  If only painting was a super easy task, my room would start changing with the seasons. I think I should pass on that idea for now....

Annnnnd in case you didn't notice.... my blog even has a new look!  What do YOU think?  I still need to work out some of the small stuff, but I needed a new layout and look :)

I really do like the dictionary version of change: v. to make the form, nature, content, future course, etc., of (something) different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.

And the urban dictionary versions are priceless. Just for humor, I will put two of the mostly appropriate ones here: 1.) A word used SO much in the 2008 presidential campaigns that it no longer holds any meaning. 2.) Change is inevitable from a vending machine.

I can't help but end with a song.  Because Saving Abel rocks, and I could listen to them all. day. long.

Drowning (Face Down)

1 comment:

  1. Love the hair. Love the quote. Love Saving Abel and love the new blog look. And for once--- I am sticking to my changes! I am however thinking giving up three such important things at once was maybe not my best decision... but luckily I have you to bitch at me if I slip :)

    p.s. I know dark hair is trendy right now but.. not everyone can pull it off!! haha THANKFULLY.. YOU CAN!!!

    ReplyDelete