Thursday, March 11, 2010

♥ The Glue that Holds Me Together

Right about now, you should probably brace yourself for one of my most heartfelt blogs yet.  Because generally, I keep it light-hearted and easy read.  But this is just one of those things that can never be overdone.  This one is solely based on friendships.  Not relationships with significant others :)  I will save that for another time.



Friendships.  They have always been what keeps me going in life, really.  I am one of those people who loves making new friends.  And once I make them, I don't want to lose them.  I am a social person, but I also like being the friend.  I like people to know that when I am your friend, it's not by convenience, it is all or nothin' with me.  And I expect the same from my friends.  I am so thankful for every single one of the people that have been placed in my life with the perfect timing.



There will always be a place in my life for a select few girls that came into my life, and I never want them to leave.  You all know who you are.  Those friends who love me for the person I was, the person I am, and whoever I am going to become.  The people in my life that are brutally honest about the little details, the sensitive subjects, and the major decisions, but don't judge me about any of them.  Everyone needs at least one of those people in their life, and I am incredibly blessed with multiples, and never go a day without recognizing that.  The downside?  I don't always get to see them.  They like to disperse throughout a few states.  But I deal with it. :)

There are the friends that I will never forget.  This, unfortunately comes when you move, when they move, or when you just drift apart all together. Sometimes a relationship takes over your life or theirs, or there just isn't enough time in a week to get together until you slowly fade down to hardly seeing or talking to each other at all.  Then one day, you run into each other or talk on the wonderful social networking invention we all know of.... Facebook (for real, where would we be without it? haha).  And then out come the "remember whens" and the "I miss yous".  Because really?  You never wanted them out of your life, but that's just how life goes sometimes.

 "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little of each other everywhere."
-Tim McGraw


There are friends that I will always miss.  The ones that I have come to accept were only in my life for a sliver of time, and made a little bit of an impact on who I am, or who I was.  The friends I wish I could keep in my life, but the only way to do so is through the memories we made in the small amount of time we had.  I have made my own choices to get me to where I am today, and unfortunately not all of those relationships were strong enough to endure all of them.  I have no regrets, but I am sure thankful for some of the great time some of my wonderful friends shared with me.
There is a saying out there, one that goes something like, "Don't worry about the people in your past, there is a reason they didn't make it to your future."  I can't say I completely agree.  I think there is a reason they were placed in your life at the exact moment in time they showed up.  If you made a friendship with them, you must have seen the good in them at some point.  I can't help but take advantage of every relationship I come across.  Sure, it is sad that some of my friendships no longer exist, but looking back, I could not have gone a day without them.  They are the reason I have learned how to love and enjoy life, and also learned the hardest lessons.  Will I worry about those people?  No.  But I will always be thankful for the fact that at some point in my life, they touched my life and made the ride worth it.

"Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light."
-Helen Keller

 



And now for a good friend song, because what girl doesn't need it?  It is one of those that played on my ipod yesterday and is so true for me some days.  It inspired my bloggage a little :)

No comments:

Post a Comment