Tuesday, April 27, 2010

*Communication FAIL*

So I made this decision recently.  I am going to take a step back in technology... I know, I might sound like I am not in my 20s and slightly insane.  But really?  All this communication, or lack there of is driving me crazy.  I have put in a recent blog how much I hate the way people put things on Facebook.  If it wasn't for my close friends that post pictures and tell me what they are doing on Facebook, I would probably delete it.  I love pictures, and I love seeing what people are up to.  I just hate when they get too personal.  However, I am going to stop doing some of my regular internetting.  Yes, that is a word today.


Here is the deal.  I like love interacting with people and making friendships.  The way I see it?  The more you communicate on a computer screen, the less likely you are to make a real connection and relationship with that person.  Most of my great friends are hardly on Facebook, and I think a lot of the reason we stay close is that we actually talk on a regular basis.  So I am going to delete my Twitter.  And probably stop updating my blog.  At least until I make amends with technology again.  I would just prefer to be real friends with real people.  I think Twitter is great for the business aspect, but if I have a Facebook for my friends, why would I need a Twitter account too to make friends that I will never actually meet?  The only good thing about my Twitter was that it sent some extra traffic and readers to my blog. I really love technology, but sometimes I think we all just need to take a step back.  Got a problem with someone or something important to say?  In my opinion.... Don't post it on facebook, twitter, send them an email, or blog about them.  If you don't have the guts to say something to them face to face or over a phone conversation, the least you can do is text them.  If you are a real person, wouldn't you rather hear from another real person, not get a virtual response?  I am going to work on it because I think communication is a lot more effective when it is real.  I appreciate it when others have that respect for me and I have every intention of showing that respect to my friends.  So for now?  The Frolicking Frenzy is done.  I love the name of my blog, and might start up again someday, but I am going to spend less time in the virtual world, which means that my random blog of health and shoes is going to take a break.  And until it starts up again, I see no reason to keep a Twitter account.  So bye bye virtual friends! I will be back on..... someday. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment