Wednesday, January 20, 2010

First Impression

How do you honestly begin a blog?  Is there a criteria for what a first blog on a new blog looks like?  Because, if there is.... I am completely unaware.  So I will improvise. And you are gonna pretend like you like it!

Important thing to understand.... This blog will simply be a blog of random ramblings of a 21 year old college student.  Writing is not my passion.  But, sometimes there are just thoughts and information I feel like sharing.  And if it is something you would like to follow along with, I am happy to have you as a reader! :)  I can't promise perfect grammar, a post every day, or any other perfection.  All I can promise it to try to be interesting, light hearted, or informing in some way.
Things you can expect?  Songs, pictures, thoughts, opinions, hopefully some humor, and probably random health/nutrition facts as well.   I am a Kinesiology major and an seriously considering a Nutrition minor, assuming I will find the time!

A bit about me.  I am a passionate person.  If I set my mind to accomplish something, you bet your booty I will do my best to get it done.  However, it goes the other way too.  If I set my mind to *not* do something, odds are.... it will take a lot for you to convince me to do otherwise.  I am a determined and independent person,  who loves life and makes the best of the situations I am put in.  I have a few people in my life who I also consider my "staples".  Without them, I would probably fall apart.  I love kids.  If I could play with 3 and 4 year olds every day for the rest of my life, I would be a happy camper.  Future plans?  Pediatric Physical Therapist.

I love music.  Almost all of it.  Any genre.  I am a sucker for good lyrics!  Most often, I am a country girl.  But you show me a good rockin' song, I will probably LOVE it!
Most of all though?  I love me some Lady A.  And here is why....


And as I said before, I really love random health and nutrition facts.  And someday, I will blog about my hatred for soda/pop.  Even though you may not like to sit and learn every bit about what is healthy and what is not.... I do, and if I can give you a few bits here and there to help ya out..... I would love to!  Let's start today.
Random nutrition fact: Only 5% of your calories every day should be coming from sugar (that includes your "regular" sugar... and other artificial sweeteners such as high fructose corn syrup).  Which means, that if you are eating the recommended 2,000 calories/day, only 100 of them should be coming from your favorite candy bar, your early morning coffee (for those of us who hate it black...), or the pop you are having with your lunch.  They say high fructose corn syrup is good in moderation, but keeping it to a 100 calorie limit every day is a tough thing to do!  And in excess amounts on a regular basis, it really can be harmful to your health.   I think my yummy coffee this morning constituted for the next few days worth of my sugar... If only it was that easy....

Anyway, thanks for reading blog #1.  I hope it was a good introduction and start to my frolicking blog.  Advice?  I would love some.  Opinions? Feel free to share.  Something to add?  Comment, comment, comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment